Continuing the interval week my planned ride tomorrow is a mixed effort ‘Fartlek’;
0800 DUX, NorthRd to BeachRd, Mordi, return via Bluff, CNE/FJ.
The format is mixed pace (Fartlek) with a number of hard segments and sprints across the middle 60min:
– 30 min warm up zone 2 (65% FTP). [This will take until NthRd/BeachRd]
– 10min zone 4 (95% FTP), 2 min recovery zone 2 (65% FTP),
– 4 min zone 5 (110% FTP), 10 min recovery zone 2 (65% FTP),
– 10 min zone 4 (95% FTP), [Expect to arrive Mordi somewhere around here]
– 1 min maximal sprint (150%+ FTP), 5 min recovery zone 3 (85% FTP),
– 10 min high zone 3/low zone 4 (90% FTP)
– 30 second maximal sprint (150%+ FTP).
– 30 min warm down low zone 2 (60% FTP). [Cruisy roll home via Bluff]
A bit messy but all programmed into my Wahoo. Will not suit everyone as the mid section will be hard. No planned regrouping until the warm down. You are welcome to join me for the Mordi mayhem. Pls post if you might be joining.
ps. start time may change due weather. I will be riding as long it is not pouring!