2022-02-07 at 2:01 pm #68598Richard HeddingModerator
And no special requests for food.
Richardh2022-02-07 at 6:08 pm #68601
RichardH, Jonathan, RobP, Elaine, PSimmo, thanks for the info, payments received.
Cheers2022-02-07 at 7:07 pm #68602Nathan AlexanderModerator
Funds transferred. Will join the mob on Friday eve and Sunday arvo. 6:30 Saturday departure for me. Happy to take my chances with the food and the bunkmates at the BDI.
Nathan2022-02-07 at 7:11 pm #68603Nathan AlexanderModerator
I’m planning on climbing Buffalo Friday, returning to Melbourne Sunday evening. Happy to share the journey to and from Bright either in my car or in someone else’s.
0401 998 2692022-02-07 at 8:58 pm #68604Matt DouglasModerator
Unfortunately I am going to have to withdraw from the Alpine weekend.
I have just received a positive PCR result from a test this morning. I am now isolating at home until the 14th.
Sorry if this causes any problems..
Thanks to you and Jude for organising this event which I am sure as usual will be a great success. Happy riding to all.
Matt.2022-02-07 at 9:42 pm #68605
No problems at all Matt, hope it’s a mild case for you, take care.
Nathan, Lynton, payments received, thanks.2022-02-08 at 10:20 am #68606Garry DowdModerator
Sorry Wayne, Payment made, no special requests, yes for Friday dinner, 6.30 group. Thanks to you and Jude for the organisation.
Will likely also do Buffalo Friday pm
2022-02-08 at 8:49 pm #68608
- This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Garry Dowd.
Wayne expecting to be there for Fri drinks & dinner, no specific requirements, 7:00 group – I need my sleep. 🤞🏻2022-02-08 at 9:10 pm #68610
Thanks Garry, Rusty for the info.
GarryD, GTP, RichardC, payments received, thanks.2022-02-09 at 4:06 pm #68617
Thanks Ken, payment received.
ARC Alpine Challenge Blue Duck Inn Cabin List Saturday 12th Feb 2021
– Wayne & Jude
– Brad & Helen
– Perry, RichardS
– GarryD, PSimmo, Lynton, Ken
– StephenG, Gavin, MarkB, GTP
– Rusty, RobP, PhilScar, AndrewB
– RichardH, RichardC, Jonathan, Nathan
Lana at The Blue Duck Inn has asked for a cabin list to assist with check-in, you can change if you wish, but stick to the list for check-in purposes.
Weather ( 1 knot = 1.85kph)
– Bright 11-28 deg, fine, light winds
– Mt Hotham – 7-20 deg, fine, wind SE-SW 6-13 knots
– Omeo – 9-25 deg, fine, wind SE 9-17 knots
– Anglers Rest – 8-29 deg, fine, light winds
– Falls Creek – 8-19 deg, fine, wind NW 9-17 knots
– Bright – 13-29 deg, fine, wind NW 6-11 knots
Goldilocks weather, near perfect Alpine cycling.
However, it is the Alps after all, so be prepared, and consider easy access to pickup/drop off additional layers from vehicles at our Dinner Plain/Falls Creek when packing.
Please allow time for parking cars, bag drop, bike setup, socialising etc on Saturday so we get away on time, just as you would from the station on a local ride.
See most of you Friday night at The Brewery, the rest Saturday morning.
2022-02-10 at 7:42 pm #68630
- This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Wayne Russell.
Not sure I want to count my chickens yet but…
In the excitement of last year’s grand depart from Melb I created RidewithGPS routes for the 2 rides – hopefully accurately!
No promises on accuracy in and around stops, may have some minor variations but should be useful.
See you all there.
R2022-02-13 at 10:42 pm #68646Elaine ShallueModerator
Thanks Wayne and Jude for another terrific Alpine weekend. You certainly pulled out all the stops with organising everything, including suberb weather and great catering on Saturday night.
Thanks too, Helen, for providing great support and encouragement across the weekend.
It was a great weekend with an awesome bunch of riders.
And get well wishes to Nathan for a speedy recovery after your tumble on Friday.
Cheers Elaine2022-02-14 at 9:04 pm #68649
Thanks Elaine, our pleasure.
Thanks to everyone for making it such a memorable weekend.
Some good lateral thinking at times to keep the show on the road.
Nathan, you were missed, good luck with your rehab.
Special thanks to Robyn for a wonderful trip down memory lane with your generous photo album gift celebrating 10 years of ARC Alpine Cycling. I’d be prepared for the orders to start rolling in from all that have seen it! A huge effort.
I hope to be back in the mountains as a participant in 2023.
See you on the road soon.
Wayne.2022-02-16 at 9:59 pm #68665
ARC Alpine Weekend – Feb 2022
After numerous failed attempts, and a last minute scare, I finally made it! And just in time for Wayne’s farewell as event organiser. Wayne, thank you for hosting Feb 2022, despite not riding this year, and the outstanding continuous effort in organising and hosting over the last decade. Thanks also to Jude and Helen for the great support!
Observations as a newbie:
– Catching the G-train back into Bright at the end of the 2 days was a great way to wrap it all up,
– Big contrast in the weather from the cold of Sat morning leaving Bright, the chill of the top of Falls (I couldn’t re-buckle my helmet without help) to the heat of Tawonga Gap,
– Challenge and accomplishment of getting through 3 tough climbs (I need some lower gears!),
– Some cracking descents,
– Fun and companionship of riding with a great bunch through some fantastic countryside,
– Fragility of riding on public roads with nothing but lycra between you, the road and cars,
– Recuperative effect of swimming in cold mountain rivers,
– Some great country meals (rare steak?).
It was a brilliant weekend – so pleased I made it at last! A landmark in the ARC calendar and hoping it will remain so. Wayne will be sorely missed on that front but no doubt looking forward to unencumbered participation next year.
Thanks Wayne, Jude and Helen. Thanks to all of you who rode and made it such a memorable weekend. Already looking forward to next year. (And get well Nathan!)
PS – do we have a drop box/google album set up to share photos/vids? happy to set one up if not yet done, but don’t want to duplicate effort.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.