home › Forums › Challenge rides on ARC agenda › 2022 ARC Alpine Challenge 12-13th Feb 2022 › Reply To: 2022 ARC Alpine Challenge 12-13th Feb 2022
ARC Alpine Weekend – Feb 2022
After numerous failed attempts, and a last minute scare, I finally made it! And just in time for Wayne’s farewell as event organiser. Wayne, thank you for hosting Feb 2022, despite not riding this year, and the outstanding continuous effort in organising and hosting over the last decade. Thanks also to Jude and Helen for the great support!
Observations as a newbie:
– Catching the G-train back into Bright at the end of the 2 days was a great way to wrap it all up,
– Big contrast in the weather from the cold of Sat morning leaving Bright, the chill of the top of Falls (I couldn’t re-buckle my helmet without help) to the heat of Tawonga Gap,
– Challenge and accomplishment of getting through 3 tough climbs (I need some lower gears!),
– Some cracking descents,
– Fun and companionship of riding with a great bunch through some fantastic countryside,
– Fragility of riding on public roads with nothing but lycra between you, the road and cars,
– Recuperative effect of swimming in cold mountain rivers,
– Some great country meals (rare steak?).
It was a brilliant weekend – so pleased I made it at last! A landmark in the ARC calendar and hoping it will remain so. Wayne will be sorely missed on that front but no doubt looking forward to unencumbered participation next year.
Thanks Wayne, Jude and Helen. Thanks to all of you who rode and made it such a memorable weekend. Already looking forward to next year. (And get well Nathan!)
PS – do we have a drop box/google album set up to share photos/vids? happy to set one up if not yet done, but don’t want to duplicate effort.