Hi All, and thanks for the input.
I acknowledge that it is most unlikely that we will be able to complete our planned route but will maintain the group booking at Anglers Rest until the week prior to ensure that if cancellation is required it will be for known and confirmed reasons.
It would appear that the roads to Bright, and from there to Falls Ck, and Mt Hotham and Dinner Plain are now open. Depending on whether other roads are closed due to damage and tree fall risk, or just for emergency vehicle access will determine if they are quickly opened once fires are under control.
Subject to air quality forecasts and road access issues it may still be possible to fashion a cycling weekend in the area, possibly in and out of Anglers Rest on the same road via Falls Ck or Mt Hotham, or a series of individual climbs completely based only from Bright.
If you feel more comfortable making an earlier call to cancel other accomodation and arrangements you have made feel free, just let me know.
Fingers crossed for some decent rainfall.