2020-05-19 at 5:40 am #60271
who would pay money for these Strava features and who wont?
is it good value for you?
what do you use Strava for?
– Non-paying users will no longer see the full leaderboard: They’ll only see the top 10 times (all + Top 10 women), you won’t see your friends anymore
– Strava is removing the leaderboard from all 3rd party apps: If you’re using one of the 44,000 3rd party apps out there to do anything with Segments, this likely just broke it. Only devices like those from Garmin/Wahoo/Hammerhead/etc that have Strava Live Segments can display that for paying members.
– Non-paying users will no longer get the web route builder: If you want to build routes, you’ll need to use another platform.
2020-05-21 at 3:42 pm #60279
- This topic was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Travis Bowland.
so no leaderboard is no issue except our own personal times are excluded as well.
no club comparisons.
and no training log…
So do you know of another app that can take its place? Garmin app is a bit shall we say “awful”.
i am sure there will be many other things I have not yet noticed.
Ray…2020-05-21 at 3:51 pm #60281
yeah no major losses for my use either.
interested to hear from those who do use those functions though.
route builder sounds good buy I have never bothered2020-05-21 at 8:04 pm #60285
I think it’s the function called route builder that’s the only function I use. You can construct routes, find the distance and elevation. The maps they use are quite good, so I’d probably pay, if there’s not an obvious free replacement. But we have 25 routes already, so recreating them on another app would be annoying.
But so far, we still have free access.
The cyclingtips article on this was pretty interesting. Their view was that being free gives users poor quality because basically they are forced to make money by selling your data to some one else, and they are not motivated to actually provide a high quality service to users.
2020-05-22 at 8:07 am #60287
- This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Richard Eustace.
i actually liked the my segment measure,I got to see how I am travelling in comparison to previous years. At my age, I am keen just to maintain and can see what segments I am getting slower.
So I am going to look for another tool…because I am not interested in paying for ONE thing. they can always open up advertising. that makes a most for everyone else.2020-05-22 at 8:42 am #60288
I thought the same thing about advertising. few small ads and problem solved instead of this complicated subscription model.2020-05-22 at 8:45 am #60289
selling your data to some one else?
is that legal?
I guess we agreed when we didnt ready the terms and conditions haha
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.